La Paz de Susan

Link here to La Paz de Susan, Sister Susan Dewitt's blog about working with PazSalud and living in El Salvador from 2009 through 2013.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Felipa - part 3

After moving in a week ago I wanted to visit Felipa to check up on her, see how she was adjusting to her new surroundings and give her some more house-warming items I'd been gathering for her.

I drove down to her house this morning (Saturday, April 16) and found her happily passing time on her new front porch, smiling and waving as I drove up.  I dropped off some food supplies, some housewares, and other things to make her new home more comfortable and we chatted for a while. She told me she loves her new house and is so much happier than she was before.  Her old shack rested on a rock pile and it was hard for her to come and go but her new place is on much leveler ground and with her fading eyesight and mobility, it's much easier for her to get around.

PazSalud will of course stay in touch with Felipa and her family and I'll keep you all posted here on her progress.


Settling in to her new home

Hanging out on her front porch


No comments:

Post a Comment